Exo-politics

I haven't decided what to really write about tonight, and I feel pressured that I must write something worthwhile, since my mom called and said she was giving it to all her friends (I'm flattered, really). But as I do not wish to make my parents look bad, I will pay a tribute to them. I would highly recommend you read this article:

I am highly influenced, but do not blindly follow, my parents political views.

I shall lure you into the article now:

"If Hillary is elected president, we'll have a four-year disaster, with Republicans ferociously opposing her, followed by Republicans zooming back into power, as we did in 1980 and 1994, and 2000....If McCain is elected president, we'll have a four-year disaster, with the Republicans in Congress co-opted by "our" president, followed by 30 years of Democratic rule...."

I believe this also sums it up:


WRITE IN: Mitt Romney...because I doubt I could be persuaded to vote for any of the idiots running...although I do agree that the better of the two horrific options is to have a democratic president and have a fantastic congress....with the exception that I don't think McCain will pull out of Iraq. Not that he has a plan. Jeez.

I feel incredibly and strangely vindicated knowing that on Super Tuesday great men (and women) like Sean Hannity, Rush, Glenn Beck, and I'd assume Ann Coulter and others....were rooting for Mitt Romney, Mormon beliefs and all.

P.S. I must update my list of obsure talents: I can find good seats in a movie theatre, I can enlarge things on a copier (harder than it sounds, I assure you), and I am a fast texter (I don't even have to look).

3 comments:

Katya said...

I completely agree with you. Question: what song is exo-politics? Or is it a line in a song? It sounds really cool...

Dave said...

Interesting view of politics. And in reference to an earlier blog, it doesn't matter how many things you're good at. Or what you are. What really matters are the relationships you have with others. That's what really fulfills you. Trust me, I'm good at a lot of stuff and it doesn't make me happy. Being with you does.

Blair said...

Amanda, when I run for president as an Independent, will you be my vice?

Wait... one of your obscure talents isn't quail hunting, is it?