Take Cover

Here is a story I forgot to tell a week or so ago..

On a day not unlike today (forgive me, I cannot remember what day...probably a Friday, but these snowy days kind of blur together...) I was walking back from class, having successfully, for the most part, avoided the slush puddles, and surprisingly had rather dry pants. (One of my....things....I have to have my pants touching the floor or very very close. This makes for very wet pants sometimes). I was rather proud, and was going to cross the two streets to my house, go shopping, and probably grab a nap before I headed to my next class. There I was, minding my own business, crossing the street, when this guy comes RUNNING up the sidewalk. Running like he'd be in a lot of trouble if he DID NOT get across the street before the light turned green. Well, I didn't really care that he was running to cross the street, nay, I did not care UNTIL he runs of the curb and lands with all his momentum in a HUGE slush puddle and, yes, you would guess correctly, that he SPLATTERS me and my pants with the nasty muck.

Okay, I exaggerate. I wasn't covered, but my pants had big splotches of slush all over.

Needless to say, I was ticked. Who does that? If you are going to be running around, the least you could do is be considerate of the people around you that you are affecting. Meh. He must have been late or almost late and decided that by running at super top speed he'd make it in time. I would guess not, but whatever. Rude.


Anyways, I have pink milk today. Thanks Kristen. What a holiday lover.

2 comments:

Jody Lynn said...

How rude. I would have been pissed too. People people. Meh.

Anonymous said...

I think there are too many people out there that are inconsiderate of others. That would have made me very mad.