Please speak slowly...my heart is learning

The other day in aerobics was completely ridiculous. Well, okay, the first part wasn't too bad. I liked the work out and we had good music. Then she has us all get in a big circle (oh jeez...), start doing some step into the center (okay, are we done now?), and then is like we're going to play a game called fox and geese (oh. my. gosh. how old are we?!). So here is how the game works: she leaves the music up so no one can hear what you are saying. One person gets into the middle, says "my name is ______, and my favorite aerobic step is: something that we model, and then everyone does it. I was so excited because it sounded really fun.

Wait, did I say fun? I mean stupid. (once again.)

So then the person in the middle goes and stands behind someone and they have to go. Well, awesome! I don't know anyone in the class! Maybe I can stay rather invisible. No, some girl I've never met came and had me go out. Which, it was nice....then I didn't have to raise my hand later to say that I hadn't gone (Okay, yeah, I probably wouldn't have admitted it and we'd all be just fine). Needless to say, it was so lame. Oh that class. Such a catch 22.

Here is a poem I memorized in high school. I picked it because it reminds me of the best things in my life.

Barter
Sara Teasdale

Life has a loveliness to sell,
All beautiful and splendid things,
Blue waves whitened on a cliff,
Soaring rire that sways and sings,
And children's faces looking up
Holding wonder like a cup

Life has a loveliness to sell,
Music like a curve of gold,
Scent of pine trees in the rain,
Eyes that love you, arms that hold,
And for your spirit's still delight,
Holy thoughts that star the night.

Spend all you have for loveliness,
Buy it and never count the cost;
For one white singing hour of peace
Count many a year of strife well lost,
And for a breath of ecstasy,
Give all you have been, or could be.

Sometimes, even though things are working out in a good way, you still worry. I'm a worrier. And I can't help it. A little water never hurt anyone though, right? I love my white singing hours.

3 comments:

Janet Thwaits said...

I love the poem, it's so true. And about the worrying part....you come by that naturally, down through your mother's side of the family....from me!!!
I love you
Grandma Rick

Anonymous said...

You may not take this as a compliment BUT you are SOOOOOOOOOOOO like your mother

Suzy said...

Amanda, I love this poem. Who was the author again?
ps has anyone ever told you that you are JUST like your darling mother? (ha ha)