more than you wanted to know about our burger experience



Thanks everyone who gave their input on five guys vs in-n-out.

We went to five guys on monday and after hearing so much hype about it, we were really excited. Unfortunately, it didn't live up to our expectations at all. That's where this question came into play.

Now hold on, five guys lovers, it was a great hamburger. But we both agreed we'd trade it for in-n-out and a shake in a second (and what burger place does not have shakes??)!

Basically, our conclusion is this: in-n-out is super cheap, super fresh and reeeeaaallly good. Five guys is expensive, not that fresh and average taste. Also, they sell no shakes and after THREE times going over the order, can still mess it up!

I mean, of course we might be biased because people told us it was amazing (which, again, it's a good burger) but I mean, I half expected to hear angels singing when I ate there! I've also heard that people categorize them differently, but I don't think that's true. They are both in the not-mcdonalds-not-chili's type of place (I think the term is fast casual?)...you order, wait, and can either leave or sit with your food.

Anyway, thanks for voting. I think in-n-out won, but there are still some five guys fans out there :) What can I say? We're west coasters!

and if some one wanted to mail us some in-n-out, we wouldn't object.

2 comments:

cindy said...

We haven't eaten at Five Guys yet, but I also don't get the hype about In-and-Out, either. I guess that's why I didn't vote in your poll :)

Megan said...

I'm a definite Five Guys fan...
I think In-N-Out tastes like stale cardboard...