snickering.



Two weekends ago (after the jefferson) I made some cookies. We got library cards and I checked out cookies, brownies & bars (I know--heaven). After browsing for something I could make with what we already had, I found a really easy recipe for snickerdoodles. They were way easy and super delicious.

2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt

sift together and set aside. set oven at 350. it says to use parchment paper but we didn't. I sprayed the pan, though.

1 cup room temp butter
1 3/4 cup white sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. ground cinnamon

in large bowl, combine butter and 1.5 cups of sugar. Use mixer (I didn't) and beat on medium speed until blended (1 min). Add eggs and vanilla and beat until completely mixed. Slowly add flour mixture and beat "just until incorporated".

mix rest of sugar and cinnamon. scoop up a rounded tablespoonful of the dough and roll into a ball. roll in sugar/cinnamon. bake 10-12 minutes (10 was perfect for us)

it says let them cool but we ate them hot and you know, blah blah stuff that less patient cooks don't pay attention too. it makes 3 dozen but it almost made 4 because I rolled them smaller.

:) enjoy!

*book by elinor klivans and it has plenty of other gems!

No comments: