one of my souvenirs



This week is our second to last week in DC. We have had a lot of fun but are really excited to go home. It's been the hottest weather I've ever been in this week, but I think it is cooling down to the low nineties this week. I'm not sure how it will feel to be in dry weather, but I figure it can't be any worse, even if we miss the humidity just a little bit.

We are really excited to have an apartment (I may finally post picture of our apartment before we leave...) that is all our own, have all our stuff (oh, absence makes the heart grow fonder) and have some space in a small city. We are excited to see our family and friends we left in utah, but are also very excited to come home with some great new friends. It's been a fun experience getting to know DC with great friends.

I am also excited for no more homework for a few weeks...until real school starts again. I hope to get a lot of things done this week, but at least we'll have a week off when we go to Oregon. I have one more big paper, two portfolios (luckily one isn't due until the end of august) and I'm taking an online class that I want to finish before school starts. We also have to buy bus tickets, mail some boxes home and squeeze in a few more things we want to do.

We'll be home in two weeks from today! woot woot!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Having been back east twice this summer and experiencing the record high temperatures, I would have to say don't worry about the dry heat. For me at least, I thought that the 100 degree temperatures in Utah were nothing compared to even the 90 degree humid temperatures in Boston and Philadelphia, let alone 100 and humid.

Bruce said...

Which friend did you leave in Utah? :P