orange you glad...

I was pretty skeptical of this at first, but after two weeks where three different people recommended it to me, I thought I'd try it. I actually don't know that many people who like bananas, but if you do, here is the easiest ice cream (not to mention cheapest) you'll ever make.

grab a banana or two. from my experience (and what others recommend), you want ripe bananas. brownish. I think those are gross normally (I like the practically green ones), but for this, potentially it's supposed to taste more vanilla-y, so you want as little as that green after taste. unless you like that, I suppose. The ice cream I made tonight was good, but too much green aftertaste when you want to feel like you're eating ice cream. actually, the texture is more like custard.

slice it and freeze the slices for 1-2 hours (or overnight)

blend. I added a little bit of milk to try and ease the blending process (the blender here is a piece. of crap. but hey, at least they have one). You can also add some vanilla, peanut butter, honey, chocolate, or caramel.



ice cream!

here is an official recipe.

if anything, its easier than banana bread.

what do you think? have any of you tried it? would you try it? who likes bananas?

3 comments:

Jody Lynn said...

hmmm...not a big fan of bananas, but i might actually try this!

Bruce said...

We used to make banana popcicles when we lived in NJ. Cut a banana in half, stick a popsicle stick in each piece, dip each in chocolate, freeze, enjoy. Yum!

Kristen said...

Yum. I'll have to give this a try. I've even got some brownish bananas...thanks for sharing!