yep. I have homework to do. ta da!



ok so, the reason I am not blogging my life is because I've recently become quite interested in this life. I've come across her site a few times, accidentally, but didn't really care what the pioneer woman was.

well, that, my friends, has changed. her recipes are to die for, her writings romatic, funny and seriously making me consider a country life. I haven't even gotten to her home & garden section and have barely scratched the surface of her recipe database. well, I consider myself on the bandwagon now. I think like five years too late, but oh well.

And I'm telling dave about her story (I'm in the middle of it) and he just laughs. he says any time he needs to convince me of anything, he just needs to find someone doing that and blogging about it. (I'm not that convincible, am I!?) I mean, neither one of us want to be farmers/ranchers or live without a target (or, that's just me) or home school our kids but...

a nice big home that wasn't a million dollars with a spacey and bright kitchen, a nice garden and yard, a backyard and good home for our family...

does not sound bad at all. and I think that's what Dave's been after. He just wants to shoot his guns of the back porch.

yes, i change my mind a lot. why do you ask?

I'm much too young to have made up my entire mind. The part I have made up is that I like this guy named Dave (quite a bit) and I'd follow him anywhere. And now, I'm a little more convinced that where he wants to go is the right place.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Hurray for Pioneer Woman! It's a blog I regularly check up on. The recipes are fantastic and it's just a fun blog to read.

Shanna Selin said...

Oh my goodness. I just checked this out and I can't stop reading. I even stayed up an hour later than usual, which I never do. Uuuugggh. I wish you hadn't posted this! Except that I like it.

cindy said...

I love her :) I am not one to be obsessed with celebrities (I hardly know any of their names), but for some reason I want to know every detail about a woman who lives on a ranch. She's a talented blogger, too, so the COMMS major in me admires that. I totally forgot that I brought my recipe book up to DC for you to see, and then I forgot it at Eric's cousin's. Se la vi. Most of the recipes are on the blog, so no biggie. My recent favorite was pasta with tomato and blue cheese sauce. Yum.

And by the way, I think it's a very healthy thing to imagine where you want to end up. That way, the more scenarios you imagine, the more places you'd be ok living :)

Teri Bench said...

Thanks for introducing her to me! I love her blog!