easy fruit dip



I was looking for a fruit dip that didn't involve cream cheese because we didn't have any. I had forgotten to find a recipe before we went to the store, and alas, having just returned from vacation, we had hardly anything in the fridge. What we did have was whipping cream. I could have whipped it up, but I thought I'd try and find a recipe instead. What I did find was a recipe using sour cream (and I remember having a crazy roommate who dipped her strawberries in sour cream....kristen...) so, I thought I'd try it out. I thought it turned out pretty well, and was sweet enough but not overpowering.

1 c sour cream
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla

mix together and let sit in the fridge for at least an hour (a la pioneer woman...we're letting the flavors marry). anyway, we served it with bananas, pineapples and apples. recipe via

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Yum! I'm excited to try this one!