on being grown up, classy and other things

I think I'm adjusting to post-college life quite nicely. Better than expected, even. I thought I may miss learning (not that you can only learn in college, of course) or great teachers...but I don't. So far, not one bit.

I love not going to school.

There, I said it.

No homework, no annoying classmates, no tests, no nothing. I loooove it.

Some nights I'm bored, but that is my own fault. The whole world is open to me now that I don't have homework, etc. but sometimes I just don't do anything. But guess what? That's ok too.

This is probably one of the last times I'll have so much free time. I'm trying to be productive, but I also just am going to roll around in it. I sometimes feel stuck (similar to when I felt stuck in school) in this middle-of-the-road situation and wish that future plans could happen sooner rather than later, but we have talked the future to death, so right now, it is what it is, and some things just have to wait.

My job is going great. It's super flexible and I am so glad to have it. I have clients. I mean, if that isn't grown up and classy, I don't know what is.

Dry cleaning. That is classy. Today, I picked up our dry cleaning. ha! dry cleaning. I've always thought of dry cleaning as something sophisticated people do.

The reality is I've never dry cleaned anything but formal dresses before. So really, you can't call us classy but more like disgusting, as we finally got Dave's church clothes cleaned (I have no idea the last time they were cleaned) and one of my coats (not even my DC clothes. Is that gross or what? I still have parts of the DC metro in my closet.) dry cleaned. But clean is clean, and I used the hook in our car.

So yeah, I felt classy. And grown-up.


4 comments:

Jules said...

Awesome! Enjoy it! You are classy and grown up! You have earned a little down do nothing time. I an glad you get that. Sometimes I think I really missed out never getting to have any of that. Grad school and working to support mysel f the whole time. I am proud of you and david I think you guys are doing things with good heads on strong shoulders.

super awesome kt said...

yes, pretending to be grown-up is fun!

kylie said...

i've never used the hook in my car! you're so grown up! :)

Katya said...

i sort of love this post. :)