the paris wife



Something I am looking forward to is the release of The Paris Wife by Paula McLain later this month. I borrowed a Good Housekeeping from my mom and it had a few pages from it and when I finished, I immediately googled the book...only to find it hadn't even come out yet.

ahh!

The book is about Ernest Hemingway and his first wife Hadley. It is about their courtship and marriage and living in Paris in the 1920s. I know next-to-nothing about Hemingway, only that he is a great author (and I have since reserved his autobiography and a book of short stories) and I feel I should know more about him.

He had me at this:

"In the final pages [of his autobiography], he writes of Hadley, “I wished I had died before I ever loved anyone but her.” "

the romantic in me is dying.

thoughts? what do you think of hemingway?

3 comments:

Alyssa Sorenson. said...

that's a sweet quote. let me know if the book is as good as it seems! i may have to read it as well.

Natalie and Logan said...

Your blog is so cute. You seem very crafty and I think you need to teach me! I have been having a craving for making things lately, my next goal is to decoupage picture frames. We'll see if I can make them turn out cute.
I'm glad we're blog friends now.

Aimee said...

If he wished that then why did he love anyone but her? Kinda kidding but kinda not...
Also, he loved his whiskey! So much so that Kenny Chesney's last album was titled "Hemingway's Whiskey". It's a remake song, but check it out!
He also metions him in his song "Magic".