when life gives you lemons


photo from two peas and their pod

For Easter, I tried making a lemon angel cake roll. Yeah, it totally didn't work out. The cake part cooked unevenly and was pretty much a disaster. I need more experience baking with egg whites. However, the lemon filling turned out perfect, so I just made a yellow cake and put it in the middle. (and made this perfect chocolatey frosting)

A few months ago I tried lemon sticky rolls. They were delicious. I would highly recommend them.

And yesterday, I saw these glazed lemon cookies and will definitely be making them soon.

Any favorite lemon recipes? They seem so summery.

2 comments:

David and Jessica Clyde said...

This is one of my favorite lemon dishes. It's not a dessert, which might have been what you're going for, but it is delicious:

http://www.ourbestbites.com/2010/07/lemon-orzo-salad-with-veggies-and-chicken/

Jody said...

I'm a huge fan of lemon desserts. Lemon bars are a must!