one dress with pockets, please.





So, I made this dress. Well, I made half of it. You see, one day, after looking all over for a knee-length dress with sleeves, I marched myself to the fabric store and I was not leaving until I found a pattern and some fabric. I found this pattern and some purple jersey fabric. I worked on the dress and finished it the day of graduation. Then I tried it on and I had definitely estimated how the neck would fall wrong. Way too wide, and no way to really fix it.

So, that was lame.

Then after thinking about it for a few days, I took my beloved gray striped shirt from h&m that is a little too short these days and took the dress and voila. I cut the top off the dress and the bottom off the shirt and sewed them together. Then I sewed a waistband around the outside so it wasn't as blah. And, get this....

it totally fits! and it has pockets. And isn't dark blue or black, which is the dominant color in my Sunday dress pile.

win win win.

Pictures were taken with my mac and kind of look terrible. with our kitchen as the background. meh.

7 comments:

Megan said...

love it

Jody said...

hello miss crafty. :) please post a tutorial for this dress. i'm feeling like i too could make something of this nature. i have plenty of shirts that could make cute dress tops.

Jody said...

...and then i notice the link to the pattern. but you should still come up with a tutorial and post it. ;)

Kristy said...

you are just so domestic! It's cute! Want to make me a dress with pockets?

Lesa said...

MAKE ONE FOR ME.

Blair, Heidi, and Treysen said...

I love this!! Good Job! You are so talented, and it looks great on you!

Emily said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! When I get back, I totally want to make this. It's adorable!