recommendation: complications



I remember my old roommate Katie reading this book a few years ago and I finally got around to reading it. It is so interesting and very good. I would highly recommend it. That is, if you're into reading about medical procedures, reading about human capabilities or how they are like computers in some ways, are interested in human anatomy/physiology or have a strong enough stomach to read it anyway. I wouldn't say it is super graphic in description, but I would be prepared.

Dave and I both read it and really liked it. The book is about the imperfections of medicine and humans, which leads to interesting situations when humans practice medicine. It a compilation of his experiences as a surgical student/resident. It is very well-written and a great read.

The coolest part was reading about a case and being like "they totally did an episode about that in House/Grey's/Scrubs."

3 comments:

Katya said...

ahh I love this book! You should totally read "Better" if you want some more of the same type of thing (his second book). Very interesting read.

Jody Lynn said...

i read this book first semester of college up at utah state. it was required reading, but i really enjoyed it!

lindsay said...

ooo! sounds fabulous!