cloudy with a chance of tomatoes

This weekend, we had a quad barbecue. Dave and I were in charge of the condiments, which included hamburger toppings. We bought 16 pounds of tomatoes, and I sliced them all on Saturday, which was quite the adventure. I also sliced a few onions and 9 heads of lettuce. Our house smelled like onions all day. We ended up only eating half the condiments, so next time we'll have tone down our planning a bit. But I think that is better than not having enough!



It was a fun and sunny day and the food was great. We also went over our quad emergency plan in case of an armed shooter (which is the third biggest risk to BYU behind flood and fire, fyi). It was quite the skit.

4 comments:

Christensens said...

It's hard to plan out how much food to get for a ward party. You never know how many people will show up or how much they will eat. There are usually enough people to dole out the leftovers to after it's over though. WAY easier than trying to get more food during the event!

Kristen said...

This reminds me of when we were in charge of bringing watermelon to a ward activity. I bought a whole cart full of watermelons then it rained and hardly anyone showed up so we had 5 giant watermelons leftover. Hopefully you find a use for all that tomato and lettuce.

Shanna Selin said...

I agree. Having too much is way better than not enough. And the tomatoes were sliced very nicely.

Laura C said...

When I was in El Salvador, I was helping buy food for Sunday dinner for our house of 25 people. This one girl was planning it all and gave me the instructions to buy Celery, green onions, tomatoes and pineapple, but didn't give me quantities. Needless to say, she almost peed her pants in the store when I showed up with like 30 roma tomatoes, 5 bunches of green onions and 3 bunches of celery. So we put about half of it back and called it good. Whoops :)