another garden update.

I don't know how interested you all are in our garden, but it's the most rewarding thing we've done all summer (or the only exciting thing).

first up: dahlias! I will forever love these flowers. Once I figured out it needed more water, it responded beautifully.



tomatoes: give us a few weeks and we'll have them coming out of our ears!




peppers: our pepper plants struggled. like, really struggled. no jalapenos in site, and we got three little baby peppers (I think they should have been full-sized).


We did start harvesting our cherry tomatoes. We bought a sun sugar plant because the guy at the greenhouse said it was the best. And you know, I think he was right. We weren't sure if they were ready, but it turns out they are supposed to be orange. yum.

1 comment:

Shanna Selin said...

Ha. I guess that explains why they are taking so long to get red.