halloween dinner

We didn't do much for Halloween this year (no costumes, parties or seasonal activities), but I did decide it would be fun to do a little something for dinner.  I am excited to do things like this (plus more) in the future for kids, but I figure I could make a few things with some dramatic flair.  

up first: slime.  hehe.  (just our fav crystal light) idea here, via pinterest. 

then we had bones & blood.  haha, that sounds really gross.  in fact, they were the best breadsticks ever.  idea here 


and the grand finale was tomato soup (more blood??) from scratch!  I've been wanting to make some for a while and finally got serious about finding a recipe.  I used home-grown tomatoes and basil.  5 minutes before I was going to use another recipe, I stumbled upon this recipe and will be exploring the archives on her site soon.  yum.  Anyways, super easy and it turned out great.  


anyway, we hope you had a great halloween! we watched some netflix and ran out of candy around 8:00.  For every kid that came, we would eat a piece.  Luckily, we only had a few kids come around after, but I figure they will survive!

1 comment:

Jody Lynn said...

you are super domestic and i love it! :)