pumpkin pie

I signed up to make a pumpkin pie for our ward halloween party tonight.  I decided to try making pumpkin puree from scratch.  I even found "pie pumpkins" at the store, which were little and made it easy. I used to like our blender, but it did not do well with blending the pumpkin.  It didn't get it as smooth as I wanted, but oh well.  It adds...texture and such, right?  I think next on my want list is an awesome food processor.  


I used Pioneer Woman's Pumpkin Cream Pie recipe (yum) and started with the crust: 


then filled it with delicious, creamy, pumpkiny filling.  


With little fleck of pumpkin.  Meh, I hope that people don't find that really gross, because there is nothing I can do about it now!

also, the cream mixture heating on the stove with cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves was the best thing I've smelled in a long time.  YUM! 

3 comments:

Christensens said...

Pumpkin is so good that "texture" couldn't even ruin it.

Katya said...

i am beyond impressed. pumpkin pie with from scratch pumpkin?! domestic goddess!

also, i love the way you guys announced your pregnancy to your family. and that picture of your dad's face is priceless!

Jody Lynn said...

domestic goddess indeed!