babies!

Not as in plural babies in my possession, but of two of my best friends!  My dear washington DC friend, Emily and my freshman roomie Kristen (or kbob) are both expecting babies around the same time as me! Emily is two months ahead and Kristen is a couple weeks behind me.  It is fun to have some of my favorite people to share this with!

So I am hesitant to overwhelm this blog with baby things (until, of course, we have a cute baby to post pictures of) because this isn't a "mommy blog" (and I don't really like that term).  But this is a random assortment of things kind of blog anyways and if you don't like it you don't have to read!  So, if you'll indulge me...

One fun thing is each week (or during the week) is reading all about your growing baby (I like baby center and the mayo clinic book).  I am amazed all the time how smart babies are...and now how smart fetuses are!! I can't believe how fast they develop and the things they can do when they aren't even halfway done growing!!  Part of this week's summary really made me proud at how smart our baby is: "Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam."


How cool is that?  What a smarty-pants.  Next week, hearing!  I just think human development is amazing.  Want to see a picture of our baby? 

awe, how cute.  

3 comments:

Emily said...

haha love the picture.

Jody Lynn said...

you can gush all you want about babies! i think it's exciting too!

Jessica White said...

Amanda! Congratulations, I am so excited that both you and Emily are having babies! How fun!