distractions.

I can't believe it's been a week.  I feel like it's the longest and shortest of my life.  We have been trying to keep busy, and that includes, in true winter break fashion, staying up until 12 or 1 or 2 watching TV and then sleeping in until 9 or 10.  yikes.  I feel bad about that but...it just happens.  We are still pretty productive during the day. 

Here are some of the good things from this week:

Flowers. We have been the recipients of beautiful flowers. I really wish they could last forever. They are all so wonderfully arranged. I love that they have wintery greens in them. Their color, scent and the fact that they are flowers in December have really helped our home to feel a little more peace and beauty. All the flat surfaces we have (5) are topped with flowers. 


 

Work Christmas party. thai food, white elephant and ugly sweaters. It was fun and it was nice to be in the company of our friends! (missing: front of sweater = huge, puffy snowman)


Wedding dress shopping. my sister and sister-in-law are both getting married in the spring.  I went dress looking with my sisters-in-law on Saturday. (hopefully she doesn't mind this picture!) Kristy tried on a few dresses and I kind of wanted to try some on for the fun of it. But I didn't. Then we had dinner with Shanna, Evan, Calvin and Kristy and it was fun. Also, I have the cutest nephew. 


Christmas. We're plugging along trying to finish up shopping and sewing and other things for Christmas. I finished Dave's shopping quite early and thought I was totally on the ball. Oh well. We aren't really stressed about it and it's part of the fun, I guess. Here is our little Christmas tree (and festive flowers) with some presents under the tree.  


 Caramels. We made some apple cider caramels and it was quite the process. I made the first batch on Monday afternoon and it turned out harder than rocks. Oops. We tried again later that night (that was the night we stayed up until 2) and with our combined efforts, it worked. constant vigilance. 

1 comment:

Emily said...

way to go with attempt number 2 on those caramels. the couple who makes caramels together, stays together. bomb.