on time

Earlier this year, I wrote about how I couldn't wait for 2011 to end. 

And here we are, at the end.

And I feel like I have nothing to show for it.

I feel like that is not my fault, because I definitely thought I knew how this year was ending and how next year was beginning.  But that is gone now, and what is left looks like we are just repeating this year again. 

And sure, I have a year of career experience under my belt, a new hobby of biking and I am a better cook now.  Dave finished his classes and is almost done with grad school. We have done a lot of fun things, but I am ready to move on. And all I see are more months where everything is uncertain. As of December 31st, we have reached the end of our plans.  And we'll know what we are doing soon enough (one thing I do know is that we are four months from a washer/dryer. and I will just cling to that), but we are in the same place as we've been for a while, and the view from here is a little gray.  (name the reference??)

Even with all that has happened, this year has been good. We have been blessed and are looking forward to this new year. The end of a lot of things and the beginning of other things.  And boy, am I ready for other things.

I'm trying not to be too disappointed because things are different than I thought they'd be, but you know. It just happens that way sometimes.


here is to 2012!

have a safe & happy new year!

1 comment:

Katya said...

I really liked this post, and I don't know why, but it made me cry. I like the last two sentences...I am excited for other things too.