on changes & good news

Sorry for all the posts at once. I should have timed them out over the week but oh well.

This week has been full of goodbyes (and eating at some great places before we leave: goodwood, slab, which wich, mountain west burrito). And I'm sad there are still more ahead. We will miss all our friends and family but don't worry, we'll be back.

It's still weird that we are moving! This week it seems more real but still hasn't hit me, I don't think. Our apartment is in shambles but I think most everything is packed and ready to go. I'm excited to move on but it's bittersweet. I've lived in utah county my whole life and dave and I have been in provo for a long time! We've been students for a long time! And I don't know what it's like to not have one of us in school. I think it will be awesome, but it's still a little scary. It's weird to think that in a few weeks we'll be settled in a new life somewhere.

In other news, Dave defended his thesis today! And he passed! I'm so proud of all the work he's done over the last few years, and especially in the last few months. And I know sometimes it was so boring and so much to do, especially having to do it in the middle of grief and other things. While writing a thesis and working and doing research he was always there for me and we were still able to do fun things. Also, we fell into a terrible habit of staying up too late and somehow he still got everything done.

So, you may call him master dave from now on.

3 comments:

Brian and Cathy Phillips said...

Congratulations to Master Dave and to you! Good luck on your new adventure. I'm just sad I can't repay you by helping clean your apartment.

Katya said...

Ahh so crazy! When do you guys leave officially?

Also, big congrats to Master Dave! :)

Emily said...

Master Dave--I love it! And keep us posted, I'd like to speak for all your friends in saying that we can't wait to hear about your new grown-up adventures!