new adventures

Well, what do you know? I'm picking up the keys to our new apartment today. We are really excited for this place (hopefully after dave sees it he'll still be excited). It's in a great location, it's got everything we wanted that matters.

You guys. It has a DISHWASHER. a WASHER/DRYER. I'm still in shock a little bit. Dave's work is walkable, bikable, drivable and busable from it too. And we have our own parking spot. It isn't downtown downtown Portland, but still in the metro area. So I'm planning on us being happy here for a long time and it worked out really well to have it be available right when we need it!

Dave is driving up with all our stuff tomorrow and I'm so excited. At times I am reminded how much I like being married. Being a bachelorette for a week is one of those times. For the first few days, Dave's family was all here too, but everyone except his little brother has gone to Boston. So I'm just chilling here in a big house all by ma self for most of the day. Which, let's remember, I'm a pro at being by myself but I'm grateful for all the time Dave and I do get to spend together when we are in the same state. I'm really excited for him to get back here.

My in-laws have great food and accommodations here, so I'm not really complaining that much. They also have ondemand which means I've been catching up on all the shows I'm behind on. So yeah, not really that bad of a deal. Just wanting dave here to bum it next to me!

Let's see...Dave starts his new job on Monday. Hopefully by next weekend we'll be mostly settled and able to explore the city. Also, moving is kind of a pain.

But it's here! Our grownup life starts on Monday.

Last night I was sitting on my bed and thinking how, yeah, this is not what I had planned for my life at this point, but what can I do?

After living in washington dc I knew that I'd love to live in a big city again. Dave hates cities and so it wasn't likely that would really happen. Even though his job is in downtown portland, we didn't start looking downtown for apartments until two weeks ago or so. Like I said earlier, the apartment I found is in a nice part of the city, so Dave was a little more sold on it. The fact that he can ride his bike to work is another thing that helped him be more willing. Though, when it came down to it, I was the one left behind to find an apartment, so I guess he'd have to live wherever I picked! So that is a cool part of life right now, even if the rest isn't what I had hoped it would be.

Dave has a job, we have an apartment, and that is a good place to start figuring out the rest.

13 comments:

Katya said...

pictures!!! must have pictures of your apartment!

Morgan and Holly said...

I'm so excited for you guys!! AND of course, I'm SUPER jealous of the washer/dryer and dishwasher!!! That is definitely grown up status. haha I miss you already!

Suzy said...

YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS

what a relief!!!!!!

Jody Lynn said...

Oh yes pictures please!!! And DISHWASHER! WASHER/DRYER! Yea! I'm glad you guys are getting settled and things are working out. :) Good luck! Keep us posted. Love you.

Sara said...

I'm glad you found a good place!

Kristen said...

So exciting!! I'm glad you found a place that fit your needs. Can't wait to see pictures!

Kristen said...

So exciting!! BIG hurray for dishwasher and W/D!!! Can't wait to see pictures!

Emily said...

Ditto on what everyone else said. And I'm so glad the place is perfect for both of you. City for you, biking for Dave!

Emily said...

Ditto on what everyone else said. And I'm so glad the place is perfect for both of you. City for you, biking for Dave!

Bruce said...

Wahoo! We're excited to see your place -- and jealous of you washer and dryer! Sounds like a really nice place.

Amy and Mark said...

Amanda that's great!!! Missing you guys already....

Chelsie Troxel said...

How neat! Amanda! You are just living the dream. We miss you!!

lindsay said...

yayyyy!! can't wait to see pictures!!!! and let me know when you find a job!!