back to reality...

After returning from vegas, it was a week of adjusting back to reality. After a day or two, I was like, oh yeah, my reality isn't that great sometimes. But you know, good attitude, personal enrichment, blah blah blah. Our weather last week was fabulous, so that helped.

I hit the streets for the first few days and went window shopping, ran some errands and picked up some books to read. You know, for having all this time, I sure don't remember what I did most days. Ah well. 

Highlights of last week: 

we had the BEST lunch from a food cart a few blocks from Dave's work. We went to Kindle Kart and we will definitely be back. Like, if we never tried another place for lunch in my life I would be ok. Their wood-fired pizza was so, so good (I could never pick a favorite from all the Italian-esque pizza we've had). 

And those fries (or pommes frites (poms freets)) were amazing. I mean, just look at them. Fried perfectly and served with a roasted garlic sauce that was oh so good. yum. I want to try their burgers next. 

If you come visit, we'll have to squeeze this into the lunch hours. 


And...we bought some bikes! Dave's isn't here yet, but I was able to get mine. It's a hybrid, which has road bike features but upright handle bar. Perfect! We went for a ride on Saturday with Dave's dad and brother. It was fun (second bike ride of the year?) and I loved my new bike. 


Dave's brother turned 17 (weird to think when I met him he was 13!) and Dave's mom made a salted caramel chocolate ganache tart that was to die for. Definitely a special occasion dessert, but yum. Weird to think that he and I are the youngest of the kids (though I am almost 6 years older), but he's a great and we like living close to him. He's a talented kid and he's fun to hang out with (except when we play settlers of catan...ha). so happy birthday brian!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Hurray for good "back to the grind" weeks. And I can't wait to try more food trucks here, that lunch looks amazing!!

Laura C said...

I love food carts! The "pod" on Alder, I think, is a great one. I've gotten awesome Indian food there.