the window washer


on thursday I was taking my mid-morning nap and I could hear noises when I was dozing and when I woke up, I could see out of the corner of my eye that a window washer was sliding down the window (all this week they've been cleaning our building), and was stopping right where I was to clean the window. I froze. I closed my eyes and pretended to sleep, soooo embarrassed that 1. I was sleeping that late and 2. he could see right into our room. When I couldn't hear him on our level, I quickly rolled over off the bed and wasn't sure what I was going to do. This picture is of me, trying to hide from the window. 

I didn't want to just close the window, because that would seem even more embarrassing, that he knew that I knew that he knew I was just chilling in my room. I also didn't know at the time how he was cleaning the windows (vertically vs horizontally). But then I heard him coming back to my level so I escaped into the living room, then assuming they had started at that side and was going up and down. 

so then I just chatted with emily until they were done. oh boy. 

PS-- if you want to be the first to know about breaking news such as this, make sure to follow me on instagram (amchris) (now available on android phones too). Or, you can go here to see my pictures on the web. They are like little mini blog posts and updates, some of which never seem to make it on the blog. So enjoy! 

4 comments:

Emily said...

so glad i could save you!! and i love love love hearing all your breaking news. :) instas are important for my everyday function, k?

Teri Bench said...

Aimee said that's exactly what she would have done!

Teri Bench said...

Aimee said that's exactly what she would have done! Haha!

Jo said...

Hahahah love it. I must go find you on instagram now. I think I was following you once when I stole Ryan's phone...but now I have my own Instagram. Not important details. Ok bye.