seattle by way of redmond

Last weekend (or two by now), we went up to Seattle and stayed with some friends in Redmond. We drove through Seattle to go to the Ballard Locks. They were so cool! We took a tour and learned a lot. It is very impressive, especially for being built so long ago. The locks don't use any electrical power to raise and lower the water. It's all physics (not that I'm saying that like I didn't need five explanation to understand how it works)

We played some fun games, ate some great food (dick's for burgers and neville's for some british food) and enjoyed the company. I didn't take too many pictures, but here are a few. 

You guys. I am pushing the limits on how far one should go between haircuts with short hair. ugh. This picture also feels like we threw together a thousand different colors and patterns and then squinted into the sun. Oh well, we work with what we have, right? 

cute little pastry from the British store. 

3 comments:

Kristen said...

The Ballard locks are so cool to watch - my family went there all the time when I was a kid. I've never heard of Neville's...but Dicks is the quintessential Seattle burger joint. Yum! Glad you had a fun trip! Hurray for Seattle!

Emily said...

So fun! Hurray for little getaways. I forgot that I have a limitless things to do in Seattle list from when my brother got married--I'll send it to you soon.

Jody Lynn said...

the ballard locks!!! we have walked on the same ground! :)