the haps. or, if you care.

So, a few things are new over here. First, I have a part-time job! I'm doing some temp work for Dave's dad's firm and you know, it's crazy exciting. I pull old files, update their status in the computer...but in reality, I am glad for the few hours out of the house and a feeling of contributing to society. 

Next, I am taking some classes this fall at portland community college. I am planning on taking the remaining pre-reqs that I need to apply to OHSU's accelerated nursing program. It will take a few semesters (due to pre-reqs for pre-reqs and series of classes) but I'm really excited. If I had been a little more on the ball, I could have started some classes this summer semester and have a better start. It took me a few months to get here, but I feel good about it and feel that it is a good path for me.

Also, I made this dress: 


My parents gave me a serger for my birthday, and two days before they came out to visit, I figured I should probably make something with it...

So I spent a few hours setting it up and getting the tension right, bought some material, used this tutorial (just lengthening it for a dress) and somehow, it worked. If I didn't do it myself, I wouldn't have believe it. You should try it! It's two pieces, front and back (both the same, if you want) and four seams + hemming. amazing. and I will spending the rest of my summer in it. 

As far as Dave goes, his job is going great. He got a new bike (did I ever post about it? It's beautiful) and FINALLY sold his old bike today. For the last two months we have had two bikes sitting in our small hallway. And we meant to post the bikes for sale or whatever and they just sat there forever. Ridiculous. Anyway, my brother-in-law is using my old mountain bike and I'm going to avoid taking it back, and then Dave finally sold his. It's like our apartment doubled in size.

Here's to not being lazy!

6 comments:

Sara said...

That dress is gorgeous! Also, congrats on the job :) Lastly, you'll be an amazing nurse. I'd totally want you as mine! (Not that I want to be in the hospital, but if I had to be).

Jenna & Joey said...

LOVE the dress, now i need to make one! And i need a serger....

Shanna Selin said...

A serger! Lucky! The dress looks great!

Christensens said...

That job DOES sound exciting. At least you will get paid more than I ever did at that office. I didn't realize that dress is only two pieces. Amazing!

Emily said...

Ditto on everything Sara said. And heck yes I care. Also, how do you feel about Hank and I coming to visit sometime next semester? We'll need to get outta the house while Ry takes his finals so I was just thinking... Anyway, give it a thought. And by next semester I mean two semesters. Like next early May or something. We'll talk soon :)

Katya said...

How are you so good at sewing?! That looks so good!! Also, great accessories. And yay school!