constellation inspiration

I'm wanting to make a new something for a wall somewhere in our house and I'm loving the idea of doing something with cross stitching and constellations. I think they are fascinating and I think I made a new year's resolution to learn three constellations and find them in the sky. I think it came from around last Thanksgiving when I finally saw the entire Orion constellation in the way it's illustrated (if that makes sense). I then pointed it out to Dave every time I saw it for months (much to his delight, I'm sure). Draco was another one, but I never finished that goal. And...I haven't seen the night sky all that often in Portland so...perfect solution! Hang them on our walls!

I'm loving these three styles:

photo and project from here

photo and product from here

photo and product from here

So I am thinking of trying one of these styles and see if I can produce something that is remotely similar and worth looking at. Which style do you like best? 

7 comments:

Kelsey said...

The second one! I also love the idea of embroidery hoop frames.

Shanna Selin said...

I like the first and the second. And I like the square frames better, but obviously you should do whatever you like best.

Megan said...

Ooh, I like the first one a lot!

Christensens said...

I like the first one. Maybe it is the contrast between the white frame and blue cloth. It seems ...clean and neat.

Jody Lynn said...

the first one! i like the white and blue together. it does look clean.

cindy said...

I like the top, too.

Katya said...

I'm a fan of the top also! Such a cute idea!