you better believe it.


and we're so excited!

Being far away from almost everyone we know, it's been easy to keep it to ourselves for a while! Due to our previous history, I have had a lot of ultrasounds and appointments. After we told our immediate family and then eventually extended family and a few others, it was still pretty easy to keep it to that. I was always like, "oh let's wait until our ultrasound next week or our next appointment." And then there was another ultrasound soon so....I was just lazy about it and kept waiting!

Last week at my 20 week appointment, they discovered a few things that indicated we could have some more issues with preterm labor, etc. They started me on some medication and put me on a moderate (as far as Dave is concerned, strict) bed rest. I had an appointment today so I decided that after that, I should stop putting it off! And today's appointment was good news of improvement and that what we're doing is working. And we hope it stays that way!

Of course we hope that this won't be followed up with anything but great news (knock on wood) (and that was a part of the delay to tell people, but really it was that I didn't feel a big rush), but we are fully expecting to meet this little baby in January! While we have learned that you can't always count on plans, we still want to celebrate this baby like anyone would when they are expecting a baby. And that includes sharing our news.

There is plenty more to write about, but for now, all you need to know is that if in the next few months you get a present from us, you should just know it will either be crocheted or cross stitched, since bed rest offers limited activity choice when combined with skill sets. :)

18 comments:

Lacey Parr said...

HOORAY!! Praying that all goes well! P.S. I love the new layout.

Aly said...

you don't know me. this is how i found your blog though:
chelsie troxel (who i also don't know!) is friends with my friend amy. i read amy's blog, click over to chelsie's, then click over to yours. i've followed for a few months now but i wanted to say i'm so, so excited for you guys and pray everything goes perfectly for the next few months. congrats!

Shanna Selin said...

Yay! I'm glad today's appointment went well. And that you guys are FINALLY telling. (But I certainly don't blame you for not.)

Morgan and Holly said...

Can I put in my crochet requests? Those booties are so stinkin' cute!!!! Oh my heck, I love them. And you. And baby boy. Eek.

Katya said...

Yay!!!!!! So glad! And so excited! And those booties are adorable!!!

Laura said...

Amanda!!!! I am so excited for you and Dave!! I know you two are going to be wonderful parents !!! Send you a virtual hug!!

Laura said...

Amanda! I am so excited for you and Dave!! I want to jump up and down and hug you! I know you two will be amazing parents!!!

Sara said...

Congratulations! That's awesome! I'll keep you guys in my prayers that all will go well. Sorry you're stuck on bed rest :( I hope you find lots of things to do to keep you busy. Are you still working?

Megan said...

Congrats! That is so exciting:) I'm so happy for you!

Jo said...

Oh my, SO exciting, I'm SO happy for you guys. Hip hip hooray!!!

Jess said...

Awesome. Congrats!

Karen said...

Best news EVER! SOOOO happy for you two! I just wish I lived closer so I could meet him. Everything will go great, and you definitely need to celebrate and try and enjoy it. I was always so worried that something was going to go wrong that I really didn't enjoy it and I regret that. You will be such a fabulous mom!

Kara Lyn said...

I am so excited for you and Dave! This is fabulous news!!! I wish we lived closer so I could come over and keep you company. You need to find yourself an old school Nintendo and dominate Dr. Mario. That's a good way to pass the time. Thank heavens for Netflix and Warehouse 13. You guys are so wonderful and I miss you.

Kelsey Nelson said...

Congratulations, that is soo exciting!!

Laura C said...

yay!!! That's so great!

cindy said...

Bed rest is no fun, but babies are fun (mostly, haha)! Congratulations. You will be in my prayers. Love you guys!

Taber & Rebecca said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I'm SO EXCITED for you! Maybe you'll get a New Years Baby! ;)

Nancy said...

Congratulations!! You guys deserve every little bit of that cute baby! So exciting!

Ps I miss talking about crafty/creative things with you. You are the best I know!