life is too short for margarine.

This weekend was pretty low-key and filled with some of our favorite foods. cookies (again) and breadsticks. The breadsticks were good but I wish I had put more butter on the pan. (Meaning I put less on than called for in the first place) Oh well, we ate the whole pan in record time anyway.

Sunday night we were hanging out...Dave playing star wars angry birds and I was clicking through a few pins on pinterest like "what to pack in your hospital bag" and blah blah blah and then I was reading some funny posts on alphamom about weeks 31-40 (not like I don't already know all of this/have read it before/why is there so much information out there??) and then I was like, "Dave, we are having a baby in two months."

"like, TWO MONTHS." And he was like, "yeah, I was thinking about that last night."

Usually it's like yay! two months! can't wait! baby!

but last night it was like OH MY GOSH IT'S ONLY TWO MONTHS FROM NOW AND THEN THEY JUST GIVE YOU THIS BABY YOU'RE RESPONSIBLE FOR, NO QUESTIONS ASKED EXCEPT "DO YOU HAVE A CAR SEAT?" WHICH WE DO NOT!

Okay, so it wasn't quite as dramatic as all caps makes it seem but still, I think it's the first time we thought "woah. this is totally happening." And we have definite plans for baby saturday, as we like to call the first of December, which is only two weeks away. And then we'll be more officially prepared and such.

Two months is both a long time and a short time and I think with the holidays it will seem to go by as fast as we'd like it to.

Oh and we also leave for Utah tomorrow and that was another thing like OH MY GOSH WE LEAVE IN TWO DAYS AND WE HAVE TO PACK SO MUCH STUFF AND I HAVE TO FINISH SIXTEEN THINGS BEFORE WE LEAVE!! So you know, WHAT AM I DOING ON THE COMPUTER??

So anyway, there you go. We aren't as crazy as you may think. happy monday!

5 comments:

Ryan said...

Your moment in all caps happened to me while watching a video on birthing during our hospital tour. Instead of having thoughts in all caps, I fainted . . .

It's kind of a surreal realization.

Ryan said...

This is actually Ryan, by the way. This is not Emily forgetting she's signed in as Ryan.

Jody Lynn said...

alphamom. loved reading some of those. too funny.

Morgan and Holly said...

I AM SO EXCITED TO SEE YOU!!! How's that for all caps & dramatic?! But really, I am.

Sara said...

Your cookies and breadsticks picutres make me hungry! You'll be a great mom! I'm sure prepping is intense and scary at times, but you are such a responsible and intelligent person. I'm sure if anyone can handle it, you and Dave can!