it's SANTA!


We had a great Christmas and you hope all did too! On Christmas Eve we made graham cracker gingerbread houses (and ate a lot of candy) and watched Elf. On Christmas, Dave and I got up about two hours before everyone else and very patiently waited in the living room for everyone else to come down. For breakfast we tried this monkey bread that Dave made and I think we started a new tradition! It was really good. 

That afternoon we chatted with family and had fun opening/playing with some new things.We felt very spoiled. Dave got some great new biking gear which he loves. 

We had a delicious Christmas dinner and later that evening we had some pie. I made a coconut key lime pie and we made a chocolate caramel pie. They turned out pretty good, but not quite as good as I had hoped. Especially the chocolate caramel, because we apparently destabilized the cream and it wouldn't whip up for anything. There was no caramel taste to it but I tried it anyway (a nice soupy cream) because I didn't ruin two batches of caramel just to not even try it. Oh well. Chocolate cream filling is still good any day of the week, if you ask me!



2 comments:

Emily said...

ohhh i may steal that monkey bread recipe asap. and i'm really digging that picture of dave. :)

Emily said...

ohhh i may steal that monkey bread recipe asap. and i'm really digging that picture of dave. :)