strolling (or strollin')

Sam and I broke out the stroller last friday and went to ikea and target and survived! Yesterday we walked downtown and survived that too. Although, honestly, pushing the stroller up the hill to our apartment was like the second hardest thing I've ever done. I need to find a less steep way to get back home or we may never go out again.

For the first two weeks, he hardly wore any clothes unless we went to an appointment. We used side snap t shirts (which we love) or just wrapped him in blankets. We had enough to deal with besides changing him, plus it seemed so rude because he wasn't used to being changed and having his arms shoved through little arm holes. He also didn't really have any clothes small enough! At first, he had one pair of leggings (though I feel weird using that term for a baby boy?), three onesies and one sleeper. And they almost all got peed on immediately after use so he went back to his t shirts. And then we bought a few more onesies and leggings and now he fits in a few more things.

I thought "man, I know people like to dress their babies up but honestly, I just don't care like I thought I would". And while I still mostly think that, I am starting to see how it can be kind of fun and as the picture above shows, babies look adorable in little outfits. 

ALSO: 

For a few months last year/until January every sister in Dave's family was pregnant! His parents are getting four grandchildren in 6 months! (two girls and two boys). We are excited for all the cousins. Yesterday our first niece was born! Calvin, who calls Sam "my baby sam" (how cute is that?) will be such a good brother (or at least, we think so...we'll ask his parents in a few days). 
See their cute baby Daisy here


5 comments:

Karen said...

Yeah it's more fun to dress them in a couple months when they can keep an outfit on longer than 5 min. Seriously at first Gabriel would either pee, spit up on, or have a blow out in every out fit. Eventually they don't though.

Shanna Selin said...

Totally in agreement about dressing up babies. So fun but also kinda pointless. And way to go leaving the house! I'm planning on doing that in 5 months or something. Haha.

Alena said...

we loved the snap shirts. I didn't clothe June for at the very least the first three or four weeks except for those bad boys. who wants to deal with pants in the wee hours of the morning?! Anyway, I just wanted to say that Sam is reeeaall cute and I'm so happy for you! :)

Cindy Badger said...

Yeah, my babies rock the shirt and diaper look.

Katya said...

I'm dying over those tiny shoes! He is too adorable.