japanese garden

 
When Sara was in town we met up at the Japanese garden. Since it's portland and they were only here for a few days, it was nice and rainy. But we braved it anyway. Sara was super nice as I am still figuring out going out with a baby. She helped me carry the stroller over places, waited as I put the wrap on once it stopped raining and even let me borrow her umbrella since I forgot ours in the car.

I also decided that yes, I do need some rainboots and a rain jacket. Not sure why it took so long for me to be sure about that. Too bad I can't get some rain-friendly hair. ugh.

The gardens were beautiful. Unfortunately, there were hardly any cherry blossoms but it was still nice and green and we had a good time looking around. There was an art exhibit of lithographs done by a woman who is turning 100 this year. If you have an extra $15,000-40,000, you could buy one of her prints! They were really cool though. Modern, clean and had great colors. I haven't been to the Japanese garden, so thanks Sara for the fun afternoon!

2 comments:

Emily said...

i've decided after this winter that i'll need some new winter gear as well. isn't it great when you realize you need stuff in the middle/end of the season? at least yours is at the beginning-ish. and nothing a cute hat can't fix, right? just tell dave it's necessary rain gear :)

Sara said...

It was fun hanging out with you! I wish those prints were cheaper!