and I know I'm being cliche, and I know saying I'm cliche is cliche...


Last Friday (since we watch our t.v. on hulu), I threw an impromptu finale party for the office. Dave and I were the only ones attending but...it was still pretty awesome. I wish I could take credit for the sign idea, but I got it from here. We had some grilled cheese sandwiches, mint chocolate chip ice cream and trader joe's s'mores ice cream sandwiches (uh, they are delicious). (the s'mores/samosas thing is a nod to two episodes...). We also had lemonade (with an ~) and had a guess-the-jelly-bean-amount contest. I totally won. 

Anyway, it was a fun little party. We loved the finale and really, as most readers probably know, love the office. I know it's silly, but I feel like this show is a special part of my life. I've been watching it since high school and feel that...I don't know...it was a part of my coming-to-adulthood? I know, I know, it's only a t.v. show (and one of many that we love) but...whatever. I introduced Dave to it while we were dating and it has never failed to make us laugh. We quote it frequently and could probably act out a few episodes from heart. I've lost count of how many times we've seen the series, especially seasons 1-4. I also have fond memories of our little office parties that Katie, Kristen and I would throw freshman year. I've always found friends through the office. 

I thought the finale was amazing. I love closure and I felt like they gave us so much of it. BUT WHAT THE MEREDITH? Does anyone know what she is doing looking so normal? Creed! Michael! And oh, Pam. amazing. All of it, really. I want to watch that episode for the rest of my life. 

Favorite quote: "and office administrator, pamela beesley halpert, is my best friend."

Ok, I'm done talking about a t.v. show. 

Who watched the finale? What did you think? What is your all-time favorite episode? 

my picks, off the top of my head: 

episode: beach day, Niagara falls 1 & 2
best cold open: stress relief, tallahassee

4 comments:

Kiana McAllister said...

I believe we would be excellent friends if you guys weren't in Portland.

Mick and I watched the Office on Netflix the first year we were married. We are definitely fans.

Last episode was amazing. Perfect, actually. I wish we were there to be at your finale party. It sounds awesome.

Emily said...

AFter not watching this past season at all we watched the finale and it got us all excited to watch cold opening after cold opening on Netflix later that night. We'll definitely be watching your faves tonight. One more reason you rock.

Katya said...

The last episode really was perfect! Stress Relief is also my favorite opening..."save Bandit!" So, so funny.

lindsay said...

I have seen most episodes only once, but two of my fav openings are:
1. Jim dressed as Dwight and the whole "Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica."
2. Their Asian friend who pretends to be Jim and totally freaks Dwight out (family photo, gives Pam a kiss, etc)