golden

I'm not sure where I heard about this, but have you heard of your golden birthday? I'm not sure how many adults would care about that...but yesterday was my golden birthday (24 on the 24th). All I wanted for it was some gold birthday candles, which I ordered online. I just barely realized that they did not arrive in time for my birthday, but the cake part of my birthday will be this weekend, so that works out. Dave is kindly planning (and if you know Dave, it's like...wow! (he hates planning, parties and birthdays (...only partly joking))) a little gathering at the rose garden with our friends for my birthday and I'm excited.

Yesterday made me a big believer in birthday karma. Sam slept all night the night before (and last night too...is this the part of parenthood where you get continuous sleep again??). We were on time (early, even) for the little library singing/play time (for the adult socialization), the traffic on the 26 into the city was not bad (what?? miracle) at 5:00 AND Dave just pulled right up to a parking spot across from the restaurant we went to. And then our waiting time was cut in half or less when they realized we didn't need a highchair.

But really, what day that starts out with a red berry and rhubarb donut and ends with caramel panna cotta can be bad?

5 comments:

Lacey Parr said...

Our family always makes a big deal out of golden birthdays! Hope it was a good one! (And it sounds like it was!)

Sara said...

I'm glad you had a good golden birthday!!

Kristen said...

Sounds like a perfect birthday! You totally deserve all that birthday karma. Love the family picture and the new look to your blog!

Amy and Mark said...

My golden birthday is coming up in six months from today!!!!
I'm so glad you had a wonderful day! You deserve it! And how awesome that you even realized those little blessings throughout the day. I need to do that more often.

Katya said...

I'm glad you had a good birthday! Birthday karma is totally a real thing. I'm a strong believer. Also, the photos of the cake on instagram? facebook? (I get my social media confused) looked fantastic! I love the candles.