i just want to lie on the beach and eat hot dogs. it's all i've ever wanted

[baby selfie, so it's normal, right?]

On Saturday, Dave rode his bike to the coast (95 miles). Yikes, right? Meanwhile, Sam and I took like a 3 hour nap (I didn't mean to sleep that long but I figured since I was going to be driving alone, I might as well not be tired) and then moseyed our way to the coast. We had use of a ward member's family's beach house and it was a few minutes from the beach. Turns out we had to walk through a mini forest and on a tiny path in the middle of knee high grass and OH MY GOSH SNAKES. I was convinced they were all around me and at one point I heard something rustle right next to me in the grass. I was paralyzed with fear and was halfway there. Do I turn back or keep going?

After what seemed like an eternity of internal debating, I decided to make a run for it. Not really, but also, really. But we made it and it was wonderful! Perfect sitting-on-the-beach weather and we had a fun hour to hang out before Dave arrived. Then, luckily, I went back with some other people I knew so I wouldn't have died alone with only Sam to help me in the beachforrest.

Sam dipped his toes in the pacific ocean and played in the sand. He seemed to like it okay, and then fell asleep on the way back and I hyperventilated over nature.

pathetic much?

and also, I'm really proud of Dave for riding 95 miles! He is amazing!

6 comments:

Shanna Selin said...

Haha! You did better than us! We made it about 15 feet on a hike before we gave up because Daisy was getting eaten alive by mosquitoes. And so was Evan despite the thick layer of bug spray.

Teri Bench said...

That's hilarious - I hate snakes too though! Sounds like a wonderful afternoon. And good job, Dave!

Kelsey Nelson said...

love your straw hat, they are the best!! and so is the beach:)

Kelsey Nelson said...

i love your straw hat!! and the beach:)

Amy and Mark said...

95 MILES?! All I can think about is "ouch...sore bum!" What a fun adventure. And ewe I would have been paralyzed too. I am a sissy when it comes to nature.

Katya said...

"I hyperventilated over nature." hahaha yes. Glad you guys enjoyed the beach, in spite of what it took to get there!