vests

I really loved reading all the comments on short/long hair. Thanks for the responses! Continuing on the things I don't understand, I want to say something else: I do not get vests. And I'm not saying they aren't cute or fashionable or anything, I just don't get them!

Any time I can think where I would want my core to be warm, I would also want my arms warm. AND I would rather have my arms warm than my core, as that is generally warmer than arms. I don't know, does anyone have any insight? I also may not really know how to wear one, either. Sam was actually wearing one when we went camping. it had a hood, which was nice, but so did his other jacket we brought. I don't know why I picked that over a jacket, except I thought it maybe wasn't cold enough for two long-sleeved layers. BUT again, why did I want to possibly over heat his core? I don't know.

Also, fashion blogs. They are a little weird, right? I mean, I enjoy looking at pretty clothes/outfits on pinterest, but there are sooooo many fashion blogs where people post like TEN pictures of themselves casually posing like "oh, me? you happen to come upon me dressed like this and showing off my bracelets and purses and oh, I'm just looking to the side like this. Look at my hand lightly touching my hair.". I DON'T GET IT.


7 comments:

Kelsey Nelson said...

Thank you for saying what the rest of us are thinking haha

Shanna Selin said...

Yes! To everything! That's how I feel about short sleeved sweaters too.

Emily said...

I'm with you on vests. Why would I want my chest to be way warmer than the rest of my body?

Also, the comments about fashion blogs made me laugh out loud. So true, so true.

Morgan and Holly said...

OH.MY.GOSH. YESSSS to fashion blogs!!! They are so vain. If you are fashionable, just be fashionable. You don't have to tell everyone where you bought it, how much it was, and then pose with your head turned to the side to showcase said outfit (that honestly does not really look that great most of the time). I will text you next time I need to rant about them. hahaha

Bruce said...

If your core is cold, your body will draw warm blood from your extremities to your core. It knows that it's more important to keep your heart and kidneys warm than your fingers. If your core is warm (which a vest helps with), your body is happy to send warm blood to your fingers and toes, too. So warming your core with a vest indirectly warms your arms, too.

Having said that, I'm with you: if you're cold, you might as well go all the way and directly warm up your arms, too.

Nancy said...

Vests are just a lame way to get us to pay for a partial jacket at full price. Why not just finish it off and add the arms? Are we supposed to have like increased mobility or something? Whatever.

Also I totally agree with fashion blogs! Really? Just one other manifestation of our body distorted world. Also, I wanna know the people who are behind the camera. Do they think that the blogger is totally insane posing in a million different positions like a runway model? I don't get it either.

Amanda! It's been forever. Your babe is the cutest and I love seeing his little cute face!

K Puls said...

Yes, fashion blogs are so weird! I don't understand how they never seem to run out of clothing to photograph either...I swear it would only take 10 posts to get through my entire wardrobe worth sharing with the internet.