christmas projects

We didn't get a tree this year because we thought it would be a constant battle with Sam, but it turns out he doesn't really care about Christmas trees that much. When I saw tiny trees for sale down the street from our apartment, I regretted a little not getting a 2 foot tree. I did buy a rosemary tree from Trader Joe's that sits on the table. We did string up some lights across our window and I think we are going to keep them all year. They are large sphere-shaped lights, so they don't scream Christmas (more like backyard patio or something). And since we don't have an overhead light in our living room, we really like the extra light. 

I made new stockings for us. I made us ome a few years ago, but it was time for a new set. They aren't super traditional, but I love them. Picking out the style and the fabric combination took longer than I care to admit (the story of anything I do), but I'm happy with how they turned out.
We (and when I say we I mean mostly Dave) made Sam a first Christmas ornament. I've seen a few around that are stamped metal ornaments, so I asked Dave if we could make something like that. He thought we could, so we ordered some pewter and got to work. It took Dave a few tries to get a mold that would work, but he figured it out and then textured it and stamped it. I colored in the letters with a black sharpie. I know, I know. My skillz are for hire. It was fun to try something new and have it turn out! 
 
I have one last little Christmas project I'm finishing up but other than that I'm concentrating on a few Christmas gifts I'm working on and am STILL working on Sam's quilt. Maybe I'll finish it by the time he graduates.

2 comments:

kylie said...

uhhh stampted pewter? you should have your tv show. that's amazing! it looks so good!

Katya said...

That ornament is soooo great. This is taking your craftiness to a whole new level. And I love the stockings! So cute!