january recap

In the last week or so Sam has started walking on purpose and it's so fun to see. He gets a big grin on his face and waves his hands in the air for balance. I imagine by the end of February, he'll be a professional walker.

We learned that sam is DEATHLY afraid of the printer (see here for a video).

We finished the netflix series we were working on since November (Chuck; we loved it and it quickly moved to one of our favorites) and decided that is the last whole series we are going to netflix. ....until we find another one that intrigues us, I am sure. Also, anyone watch the Mindy Project? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? We have to wait until APRIL to see what happens next??

The best recipe we tried last month was this skillet dinner.

I actually am in the positive in regards to lip balms in my possession. This has never happened in my life. I keep finding all the ones that Sam or myself have stashed away.

Dave and I met 6 years ago, which is crazy (seven Januarys ago, if you're counting like that). My sister swiped our old name tags from the print shop where we met (I'm not sure why I didn't do that years ago).

It's been cold and dreary (not even rainy, which I don't mind) and we've been mostly staying inside. Sometimes I feel like wow, we're boring! City dwellers go out everyday! (or you know, according to blogs) All the sites! All the walks! But even though our apartment is small, it's still fun for Sam and he doesn't seem to mind. And you know, I don't mind have a couch to sit on every once in a while. I try to make sure we at least go get the mail if we didn't do anything and breathe some fresh air.

And one of the best parts of January was Sam finally recovering from his colds, ear infection and runny nose. Who doesn't love a healthy baby? And pants that can stay clean longer than a day and a half because said baby doesn't wipe his nose all over them?

Happy February! Someone around here turns the big three-oh, and I'm making him let me throw him a birthday party.

No comments: