I remember it rained a lot.

I think it's finally spring here, but who knows. We should get some sixty degree weather this week, so that cheers us significantly. Sam is pretty much up to the same tricks these days...he loves walking, clapping, dancing (here's a video), reading books and he also has this fake laugh that kills us. Often times he uses it at a perfect moment and he doesn't even know it. He'll be in his car seat laughing to himself and once he was fake sneezing, which, seriously, where do kids get these things? Every time he does his fake laugh, Dave and I can't help but quote this scene.

And seriously, he loves walking outside. He just wants to be set loose and walk in circles and wave his little hand and he doesn't even care where you are. I love it. (except that he doesn't get when he actually needs to listen to us)
One time I look over and he had grabbed what was left of the goat cheese and was just eating it like this. He's the cutest, I know, and always keeps us laughing. He is also getting smarter, and it's fun to see him pick something up after you did it first. He is a pretty good listener when we tell him to stop something but man, if he has the toilet lid up, nothing is going to stop him.

The only word he uses frequently and, for the most part, correctly, is "hot". He loves saying it and it kind of sounds like hat and with exaggerated t's and just all of it...I can't wait for him to start saying more.

I wanted to do that thing with kids where you teach them a few sign language words and then all your communication problems are fixed because they use them and no more whining and you know, right?
Well, we started with the two basic ones, "more" and "all done". I did them fairly consistently for months and it seemed like he never really got it. Then last month or so he started doing it....and if you have seen his dancing, you have seen him waving, saying all done and more. Nailed it.

Although he started blowing bubbles in the bath a few weeks ago and I'd like to think that he remembers me teaching him that five months ago when we took our little swim class, but I'm sure it's actually more of a coincidence. Lame.

February was filled with parks and rec reruns, terrible luck with shopping carts, this excellent enchilada bake with this sauce, and Sam overcoming his terrible printer phobia. 

2 comments:

lindsay said...

Ok I laughed so much reading this! I love how you write. My fav was the part about fake sneezing. Haha!!! I have never heard of that before. Get a video! :)

kylie said...

those little pants sam has on are killing me. you made those, right? so cute. also, love the parks and rec reference, of course.