attached

It's an old story. Clothes in the closet that you don't choose and you don't really love, but you find yourself attached to them. And you can't get rid of them. I would really like to once and for all remove all the things that I want to...without having the "wait..." come into my head and I leave it for another round.

Has anyone just purged everything? Or do you get stuck just donating a few things at at time? I have a clothing, etc. swap on Wednesday and I'm trying to decide if I can just do it. I don't see the point of keeping pants that don't fit, shirts that I find too tight, belts that I never use, shirts I don't love....but years later, here they all are! 

So friends, tell me what to do! be ruthless or conservative?

5 comments:

Lacey Parr said...

Seems like I take a bag or two to Savers every month or so! I'm constantly purging but I know what you mean! I still have items in my closet that I don't wear, yet I keep them. I say be ruthless. You'll appreciate the extra space and your closet will seem cleaner :)

Megan said...

I have always been conservative when getting rid of clothes and I've decided I hate it. I have some clothes from high school that are waaaay not in style anymore but I still think should stay in my closet (??). I'm going through a purge right now and am planning on going on a huge shopping spree after the baby comes. The logic I'm trying to use is, "if this was at a store, would I buy it?" It's a no for most of my stuff so I'm tossing it all (and am realizing I will have zero clothes left haha). Good luck with your clothes!

K Puls said...

I've been on a bit of a ruthless streak lately (it helps when you've run out of hangers when all your clothes are clean and you're too lazy to buy more). And you know what, it feels really good to get rid of all the weird clothes I've been hanging onto since high school. I think I find it easier to get rid of shirts I don't wear anymore, because I have a bunch of other options. It's harder to get rid of those dress pants I haven't worn in four years, but MAYBE I will need them for a job interview in three years!

kylie said...

this is my hardest thing, but this past year i've been trying to be ruthless....but as i've moved in to yet another new place, i'm still realizing i have WAYYYYY too many clothes. my new attempt at paring down my closet is to try and get rid of 1/3 of each type of item. get rid of 1/3 of my pants, 1/3 of my button ups, 1/3 of my socks, 1/3 of my dressy tanks, 1/3 of my beloved shoes, etc... i'll let you know how this adventure goes. let us know what you end up doing!

kt said...

Ruthless. Just do it. It's just stuff & you can afford to replace it later if you really miss it. It IS hard but so satisfying too.