pinata!

A few weeks ago our church group had a dessert auction/talent show. It's always a fun time and we like bidding on a few things and we buy something great. Last year I ended up winning like 3 things, so this year we played it a little more cool. Our winnings, an olive oil orange loaf with rhubarb jam (I was just so intrigued, I had to have it) is currently sitting in our freezer as we decided to give up  added sugar during May (but that is another post, I suppose). I bid on things I thought would freeze well, and I think it will be worth the wait.

I wanted to make something fun, so I tried making a pinata cake. I used a favorite chocolate cake recipe and the best frosting (I used one batch to make the two cakes). I was so happy that it worked! I also had fun using a wide-angle lens for my iphone that I got for Christmas. It's probably not supposed to be obvious you have a wide angle lens...but I am not a photographer.

Anyway, a sweet little boy won the cake and I think he and his siblings enjoyed watching the candy fall out. I will have to make another one so we can witness it ourselves. It killed me to not try any of the extra cake, but life moves on, right?

2 comments:

K Puls said...

Soooo cool! I've been wanting to try this cake forever. I'm impressed it turned out so well! Love the sprinkles!

Kristen said...

What a fun cake!