thanksgiving

We had a great Thanksgiving here in Portland with Dave's parents, brother, sister-in-law and cousin saucy (haha). We kept the meal simple and fairly non-traditional, but it turned out yummy and everyone left full, I think. I made this turkey, which turned out really well (considering I didn't even think I would still need any roasting materials until the day of, but a roasting pan worked great), along with this chocolate pie and this vanilla pie (like creme brulee pie, yum). Karren made a delicious pumpkin pie (smitten kitchen as well, I believe). Our place cards are from here. Napkins are a super easy pinterest find!

And then on Friday I did soooo much online shopping it was sad awesome (but I mean, most stuff was for Christmas presents, out of need, or things I was going to buy anyway so we might as well get a good deal, right?). It has made for the best mail week of my life, though.

3 comments:

Jody Lynn said...

how did you fold the napkin like that? i love it!

Katya said...

love the napkin and name place thing, miss martha stewart! those pies look super delicious. i think i need to make that chocolate cream pie like now.

Emily said...

Love a good mail week. And good food. Like ALL of those pies. And way to go with the turkey! I dread when we actually have to make it ourselves...