zoo lights and christmas music


Last week we went to the zoo lights, which was both freezing and awesome. Sam loves looking at Christmas lights and we had a lot of fun.

It was feeling a little less than festive this month; we didn't put up a tree since we were leaving for Utah, and the last week and a half was so busy with work and church and personal things (like my usual sewing before a trip), we didn't seem to be doing much to celebrate. We did hang up our stockings, a floating washi tree (sam was really curious) and an advent calendar (although we did almost nothing on it). We made it to a festival of nativities which was a great event, and sang some Christmas songs at a friend's house with a small group.

I think I was waiting for it to seem like Christmas once we got to Utah, and it does. However, I think the best part of the season so far was I discovered that I am over my meh-ness towards Christmas music! I think thanks goes to the movie Elf, which we watched at least 8 times this month, the "indie" Christmas station on Pandora and the singing of Christmas hymns, some of which I used to not like very much, but discovered this year they have very sweet lyrics and I guess I just had to be older to appreciate them.

Anyway, my parents have plenty of Christmas trees and we've got lots of fun things planned for this week. It's Christmas! 

No comments: